How To Get Truly Great Deals On Top Quality Cruises
Are you thinking of taking a cruise somewhere this year?
Cruise ship vacations are becoming more and more popular, and (thankfully!) more and more affordable. However, you can still fall for some old scams if you don't do a bit of research before you book your cruise.
Here are five common sense tips on how to get truly great deals on top quality cruises:
1. Ask lots of questions and make sure you get detailed answers. You need to know exactly what's included -- and not included -- in your cruise package. Double check whether there are any 'hidden' fees -- like a cancellation fee, 'port charges' or insurance processing fee, for example.
Ask specifically 'what other expenses can there be that are not included in the total price you gave me?'
2. Get your package in writing with all the details and terms you've agreed to.
3. Be wary of 'great deals' unless you understand why they are being offered. Don't ever feel pressured into buying something you are not sure of -- or feel uncomfortable with.
4. Try to pay by credit card (after making sure that your personal information is secure and confidential). That way you can dispute the charges later if there are problems. Realize, though, that there are time limits on how long you can dispute credit card charges.
5. Screen the company that's making the cruise offer very carefully. Get references -- and call them. You may want to contact the Better Business Bureau, for example, or your state's Attorney General's office, to see if there have been any registered complaints against the cruise company.
Finally, while on the cruise, be very careful with your valuables. Don't let your dream cruise turn into a nightmare.
Return to Internet ScamBusters Issue #95, Snippets on First Citizens Bank phishing scam and more.
Leave a Reply