Since 1994 ScamBusters.org has helped protect over 12 million people from becoming victims of scams, fraud, and crime.
See why major news outlets and consumer protection experts recommend ScamBusters for useful, practical, and trustworthy information on identity theft, Internet scams, credit card fraud, phishing, lottery scams, urband legends, and how to stop spam.
Scambusters Has Been Featured In:
Trending Scam Prevention Reports
Some of the scams people are searching for right now:
- Don't Be the Loser in these 7 Online Games Scam Tricks
- Copy and Paste Plea Exposes Your Identity
- What to Do if You Fell for a Tech Support Scam
- Selling Your Car? Don't Fall for This Vehicle History Scam
- Online Shopping Malls Scams
- Are Ecards Safe?
- Did Starbucks Really Say They Don't Support the Troops in Iraq?
- Unclaimed Money Scams
Search for information about a specific scam
Recently Published Scam Reports
Here are some of our most recently published scam prevention reports
- How Eyeglasses Rules Protect You From Prescription Scams
- Is It Genuine? Check That Photo with Reverse Image Search
- 7 Ways to Avoid a Restaurant Wine Scam
- No Spying! Why You Need An Authenticator Phone App
- Your Choices When a Free Password Manager Starts Charging
- Why IRS Texts and Emails Signal a Tax Scam
- Self-Employed? Beware These Costly Scams
- Real ID Card Deadline Sparks Scam Surge
Health and Covid-19 Scams
Scammers and crooks have made a fortune from the pandemic. Here are some of the scams they've been using against us:
See more Covid-19 Scams →
We've created scam prevention reports on dozens of different topics, including:
Identity Theft Scams
If a crook can steal your identity, they can potentially steal everything from your bank account plus set up other accounts to charge against, leaving you to pick up the pieces. Let's stop that:
See more Identity Theft Scams →
Our smartphones expose us to more scams than almost anything else in our lives. Here's how to stay safe as we use them:
See more Phone Scams →