Useful state-level identity theft facts, laws and websites
No two states are alike when it comes to the laws, assistance programs and penalties they’ve developed to combat identity theft — both online and offline.
That’s why ScamBusters.org has introduced this directory of Identity Theft Resources and Information by State.
It’s filled with useful state-level identity theft facts, laws and links to websites that will help you spot, prevent and recover from identity theft scams. The best defense against identity thieves is a good offense. So, arm yourself with knowledge on how to prevent, report and help prosecute ID thieves in your own state.
Whether you live in Alaska or Alabama, New York or New Mexico, click on the link for your home state to learn more about what your government and other statewide organizations can do to help you stop ID thieves — right in your own neighborhood.
- Useful and unique facts and resources about identity theft in Maryland, MD
- Help for identity theft victims in Nebraska, NE
- Helpful information about identity theft in New Jersey, NJ
- Information and resources about identity theft in North Carolina, NC
- Important information about identity theft in Oklahoma, OK
- What’s different about identity theft in Rhode Island, RI
- Resolving identity theft problems in Virginia, VA
We’re adding more states all the time. If your state isn’t listed yet, be sure to check back. We are planning to have articles with the best identity theft resources for every state very soon!