More urban legends and hoaxes: Waterproof Sunscreen Warning, Virus Warning: Win A Holiday, and Welcome to the World of AIDs
Waterproof Sunscreen Warning
I wanted to tell you a story about a very serious thing. We still use sunscreen on our whole family, but we are more cautious now. I tell you this only to make you more aware and use caution.
When Zack was 2 years old I put on the waterproof sunscreen like I always had. I don't know how but he got some in his eyes. Most likely from his hands. It happens so easily at that age or any age really. He started screaming!! So I tried to flush it out with water. But guess what? Didn't matter... Remember *WATERPROOF.* So I just held him and let him cry, thinking the salty tears would flush it all out. But it got worse. I called the poison control center. They told me to RUSH Zack to ER NOW!! I was surprised. I got him there and they rushed me back without a second to spare. They started flushing his eyes out with special medications. Anyway, I found out for the first time that MANY kids each year lose their sight to waterproof sunscreen. It burns the eye and they lose complete sight!!! I was appalled. I could not believe the sunscreen we use to help keep our kids safe from skin cancer can make them go blind!
Well I made a big stink about it. I wrote the sunscreen company and they admitted to the problem but they said something to the fact that the seriousness of getting skin cancer is much worse then the chance of going blind. I think it's wrong if just one child goes blind! They should change ingredients or should at least have a huge warning on it. But they claim that if you put a huge warning on it then parents won't use it due to fear. I kind-of get that but there needs to be a change. We did this huge article in our big city and went on the news warning parents. Education along with the importance of using it. Well anyway Zack did go blind for 2 days, it was horrible. So please be careful!!! Don't stop using sunscreen, just be very careful your children don't touch eyes for at least 15-20 minutes after you put it on!! And if your child does get it in his/her eyes then get to the emergency room at once!
Virus Warning: Win A Holiday
If you receive an email titled "WIN A HOLIDAY" DO NOT open it. It will erase everything on your hard drive. Forward this letter out to as many people as you can. This is a new, very malicious virus and not many people know about it.
This information was announced yesterday morning from Microsoft; please share it with everyone that might access the Internet. Once again, pass this along to EVERYONE in your address book so that this may be stopped.
Welcome to the World of AIDs
Be careful the next time you go to a cinema. These people could be anywhere!! An experience of a friend of my brother's wife left me speechless. Please do send this out to everyone you know. This incident occurred in Bombay's Metro cinema (Among the best in town). They were a group of 6-7 College girls & they went to the theater to see a movie. During the show one of the girls felt a slight pinprick but did not pay much attention to it.
After sometime that place began to itch. So she scratched herself and then saw a bit of blood on her hands. She assumed that she had caused it. At the end of the show, her friend noticed a sticker on her dress and read the caption. It read "Welcome to the world of AIDS". She tried to pass it off as a practical joke but when she went for a blood test a couple of weeks later (just to be sure), she found herself HIV Positive.
When she complained to the cops, they mentioned that her story was one of the many such cases they had received. It seems the operator uses a syringe to transfer a bit of his/her infected blood to the person sitting ahead of him/her. A horrible experience for the victim as also the family & friends. The WORST bit is that the person who does it gains NOTHING where as the victim loses EVERYTHING. So, be careful...